
today, april 20, 2009...
Outside my window I hear the occasional dog barking, and a car here and there, but mostly quiet. Gosh it's nice to be able to open the windows again! Welcome spring, snow and all!
I am thinking that life sure is busy, and I'm trying to be grateful for all of it, because I sure am blessed.
I am thankful for vanilla ice cream and chocolate chips.
From the learning rooms, both my kids worked on homework tonight, and I laughed at myself for calling my son's school work "homework," and my daughter's homeschool work "school work."
From the kitchen we had leftover quinoa casserole for dinner, but for now, the cats are chasing some imaginary speck.
I am wearing pjs.
I am creating a quiet spot in my mind for sleep to come.
I am going to bed here in a minute, to settle between my big honey (husband) and little honey (toddler).
I am reading Uncle Tungsten, The Spell Book of Listen Taylor, 365 Manners, Firebirds, The Week, and the whole stinkin internet. Yeah, I read too much.
I am hoping that I can overcome my anxiety and panic attacks before I die.
I am hearing, ahh... nothing. *sigh* My favorite sound.
Around the house, things are finally quiet. Firecracker managed to fall backwards off the kitchen sink earlier tonight. Been waiting for that to happen.
One of my favorite things is a sharp no.1 Dixon Ticonderoga pencil and a pad of graph paper.
A few plans for the rest of the week: more chemistry at the co-op, an Eagle Scout Court of Honor for my nephew, finishing planting the raspberry canes I got Saturday, maybe organize the bills? And while I'm at it, world peace.
Here is picture... Firecracker vacumming her hair.
2 comments:
Her hair should be clean by now. Who needs a bath? :-)
What happened when she fell off the sink?
I hadn't thought of vacuuming my hair before...probably save $ not having to by shampoo.
Yes, I love the sounds of spring. I love the quiet, but I mostly love hearing the birds. I like keeping the windows open, but Ethan closes them because "the squirrels are too loud." Funny, huh? Best part of spring in Indiana has been seeing bunnies hopping through people's yards. Yes, maybe they are pests for gardens, but they sure are cute!
Post a Comment