Sunday, February 7, 2010

Translating "potty training speak" into "adult English"

I'm sorry there's no picture to accompany this post. You'll have to use your imagination.

When the potty training 3 year old says "This toilet paper isn't working," what she really means is this:

"I used too much toilet paper; it clogged the toilet. So I'm swishing the plunger all around, splashing water and water-logged toilet paper all over the bathroom. Because I'm a good helper like that."

And when she's been washing her hands just a little too long, and I call to her, "whatcha doin?" And she says, "I'm soaping me," what she really means is this:

"Washing only your hands is so 'yesterday.' I'm totally naked, and creating enough suds to soap up my entire body. AND, while I'm being such a good cleaner, I'm using your expensive hand lotion as a tub cleaner. No need to thank me!"

6 comments:

Lib-Dawg said...

OoOoOoOOhhHHhhH You finally posted! YEAH You are alive! So, that was hilarious - thanks for the laugh. Makes me look forward to having kids. ;)

LunaMoonbeam said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh dear...oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. I do NOT miss those days.

Hang in there, mama. And thanks for the laugh. ;-)

Mama bee said...

This sounds eerily familiar.

Mrs Buchanan said...

That is hilarious! I can totally imagine her doing that too.

Anonymous said...

Sally, Emily got a bad headache from laughing so hard, and participating in "loud laughter". Thanks to "Firecracker" for being your muse. You really out did yourself. You should refrain from posting for a long time, more often.

Comfrey Cottages said...

darling sally~! and oh so familiar to me also:) how did you violet jelly turn out? i left you and answer and have been very curious if you liked how yours turned out~ i don't know how it couldn't have been good!