Monday, November 14, 2011

Dance...

I was explaining to some homeschool friends (Hi Aubrey and Christina and Greta and Amy) that Sam has some interesting creative dance moves because we introduced her to Modern Dance via Pilobolus and Ok Go.  You know, the treadmill guys?  NO!?  Well, here's the progression:

A Long, Long Time Ago, a group of silly guys made the Treadmill Video:


They made a whole bunch of other cool videos, which is really their trademark, and we watch them all the time. Firecracker knows all the words.

Cue 2011. Ok Go collaborated with a modern dance troupe called Pilobolus to make this one:


You really ought to check out the html5-interactive site where you can type in your own text and, well, it defies description.  Just try it.

So, my daughters and I were so intrigued by this Pilobolus group that we spent an afternoon watching more videos of them.

Our favorite was probably this one, a great piece of shadow work.


This one is also brilliant, but a little disturbing.


But THIS one, this is the truly modern piece that Firecracker became fixated on and mimicked a LOT. She put on "shows" for us where she slowly rolled and contorted across the floor and pieces of furniture for WEEKS. (Sorry, no video of Firecracker. Use your imagination.)


Enjoy!

2 comments:

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

Well, what can I say? I think that was my yearly dose of buttocks but on the other hand they truly are amazing... the performances, not the buttocks, that is. ;D

Mom's Sewing Vault said...

I know! It's, like, a month's worth of buttocks! haha You had seen the treadmill video before, right?