Sunday, December 14, 2008

Blogs I love

So I only discovered blog-land about 2 years ago, when my youngest was such a colicky baby, she would nurse for hours in the evening before letting me put her down. And since the computer area is quieter than the rest of the house, *and* since I prefer clicking around with one hand while nursing to lying in bed (awake), I did a lot of clicking.

Over the years, I've had several favorite blogs. The (crafty) ones I check most often these days are whipup and emily falconbridge.

Whipup features the most amazing selection of ideas. It almost overwhelms me sometimes!

And who doesn't love emily's style - so exotic, yet down to earth. I'm also a sucker for accents (that are different than my American one, he he), and I can just hear her Australian when I read her posts!

The funny thing is, blogs are written by ordinary people, like me, but my mind seems to give celebrity status to the bloggers I enjoy reading most! I'm intimidated to comment, so I have done very little. Anyone else feel that way?

More favorites later, and hopefully some fabric in the shop.....

1 comment:

Kim said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love finding new blogs to read. I am like you, I think of these uberbloggers as being so famous! Especially the ones who have a huge following with hundreds of comments a day. It's easy to forget sometimes that they are just people like us ;)