Saturday, December 27, 2008

Save handmade

So I haven't read much about the proposed toy safety law that is in the works. But I added this nifty banner to your right. And I emailed letters to my Senator and Representative, *and* the CPSC as recommended by the Handmade Toy Alliance. It never hurts to register your opinion. If you don't speak up in the governing process, then you have no right to complain when they really muck things up. And heaven knows, when I complain, I want to feel like I've earned it! lol

I didn't use the model letter verbatim. I used a lot of it, but I think that labeling is more important than testing, and I feel that education is more important than labeling. It's nice that our government is functioning enough to test and label some things for our safety, but it becomes cumbersome, and eventually infringes upon our rights. Not to mention that big business almost always trumps the interest of Jane and John Doe.

Rant over. Continue your after-Christmas festivities!

No comments: