That's great! The article is actually not to scary and I stayed with it until the end. ;D Have you ever eaten flowers before? I see it used all the time on gourmet cooking shows but have never really dared yet. :D Maybe the next time I'm grooming the flower beds I'll save a dandelion or two.
I know, it's strange stuff, eh? I haven't actually eaten a flower. I've made and enjoyed violet flower jelly and dandelion flower jelly, though. I'm more into using plants/weeds/herbs as teas and infusions and salves (medicinally). The gal whose website it is wanted an equal focus on "edible," so I researched both. :) I'm flattered that you read the whole thing, and grateful that you commented (lest I allow myself to believe that nobody besides my parents read this blog, haha). I'm glad my parents read my blog, don't get me wrong, but if I wanted the audience to be *only* them, I would just send them an email! haha
Okay--so I read your blog. It's a good article. You know, the people of Greek Isles, almost starved during WWII, because the German occupation commandeered all of the food for the occupation forces and beyond. But they lived (and continue to live to old age) because they wildcrafted weeds and cooked them up, or ate them raw. In recent years, researchers seeking the secret to their longevity, narrowed it down to several things, but eating these wild "greens" was a big piece of it.
Yesterday, I was looking at a new site, via my email, http://www.funforlesstours.com/newsletter/65/2011-07-20/where-the-gospel-begins-your-traditions-must-end, and part way down the email, there's a link to their books resources which has a variety of books featured and one of the topics is wildcrafting. So, when I saw you entry and read it, I was excited. Way to go.
3 comments:
That's great! The article is actually not to scary and I stayed with it until the end. ;D Have you ever eaten flowers before? I see it used all the time on gourmet cooking shows but have never really dared yet. :D Maybe the next time I'm grooming the flower beds I'll save a dandelion or two.
I know, it's strange stuff, eh? I haven't actually eaten a flower. I've made and enjoyed violet flower jelly and dandelion flower jelly, though. I'm more into using plants/weeds/herbs as teas and infusions and salves (medicinally). The gal whose website it is wanted an equal focus on "edible," so I researched both. :) I'm flattered that you read the whole thing, and grateful that you commented (lest I allow myself to believe that nobody besides my parents read this blog, haha). I'm glad my parents read my blog, don't get me wrong, but if I wanted the audience to be *only* them, I would just send them an email! haha
Okay--so I read your blog. It's a good article. You know, the people of Greek Isles, almost starved during WWII, because the German occupation commandeered all of the food for the occupation forces and beyond. But they lived (and continue to live to old age) because they wildcrafted weeds and cooked them up, or ate them raw. In recent years, researchers seeking the secret to their longevity, narrowed it down to several things, but eating these wild "greens" was a big piece of it.
Yesterday, I was looking at a new site, via my email, http://www.funforlesstours.com/newsletter/65/2011-07-20/where-the-gospel-begins-your-traditions-must-end, and part way down the email, there's a link to their books resources which has a variety of books featured and one of the topics is wildcrafting. So, when I saw you entry and read it, I was excited. Way to go.
Post a Comment