Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Ta-Da!


This is probably one of the biggest "ta-das" ever for me. I finished The Christmas Stocking! My Grandma, who passed away about 2 years ago, knitted these stockings, personalized, for all of her kids and grandkids, and their spouses, and for the great-grandkids that were born before she died. Anyone know how many that is?

Anyway, it took me three years. I have decided that I suck at intarsia, but I'm willing to work on improving at it, so I can make these for any other family members who may want them.

12 comments:

McVal said...

Adorable! What a neat tradition to keep going!

Mama bee said...

Lovely! Congratulations on finishing it.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! That is amazing. I wish I had the courage to try knitting the stockings to help you carry on the tradition, but it's just not in me to knit. That really is great that you completed the stocking. What's the next project?

Mom's Sewing Vault said...

I'm not sure what I'll do next.... There's some beading that needs attention. Sam has broken more necklaces than I care to count. There are the emeralds tht Mike gave me eons ago that I need to WEAR - what an awesome gift, huh? I got some sock yarn and double point needles for Christmas, wouldn't it be nice to have homemade socks this winter? So many projects, so little time.........

Anonymous said...

Amazing shout out to you! Maybe you do have a steak of autism in you after all. Since Serena completed the baptism for Jo Sproat, she's on her way. Angie did crewel embroidery and quilting and Jim does counted cross stitch. I love textile arts!! Congratulations! So who among the family doesn't have a Grandma Sproat stocking? Did Cassandra get stocking before Grandma died? Did you remember that she did stockings for Jeff and Ellen and their children?

Mrs Buchanan said...

You're way ahead of me. My mom tried teaching me how to crochet once and it didn't work for me, I don't think I could do knitting either. Maybe I'll try embroidery! Congratulations that is a great accomplishment!

LunaMoonbeam said...

Good for you! It looks GREAT!

Anonymous said...

very nice work. do you still have the pattern available? i would love to try it

Mom's Sewing Vault said...

You bet, pluto. I scanned the pattern earlier this year to email to someone else. Email me. :)

Anonymous said...

i forgot to hit the follow-up button on the comments page. sorry, oops. :)

Mom's Sewing Vault said...

pluto, how would you like me to send the scans? I can't find your email address.... :)

Anonymous said...

sorry, wmart40646@aol.com
i'm new to blog's and still don't have a clue what i'm doing.