Firecracker has a million toys.
And I have a son and husband who are allergic to clutter. Which means that at various times, some of Firecracker's toys get boxed/bagged up and unceremoniously dumped in the basement, leaving practically none of her toy sets intact.
So this week, I pulled them allll up from the basement, which made Firecracker very happy, made my husband and son twitch, and made the living room look like a toy explosion went off.
I'm using various fabrics and trims to make draw-string bags to contain sets that no longer have containers anymore. For starters, there's this memory game from my childhood. I loved that game. The box bit the dust at least a decade ago. It's been living in a quart ziploc bag, which is functional, but not fun. I even used an old sheet from the stash to make bias tape for the string. You like its new home?
Currently working on bags for the Noah's Ark, the wood play food, the play dishes, and the bug puzzle thingies.
3 comments:
Totally cute - much better than a ziploc bag!
Sally, I am so impressed. What a good mom and wife. Are you going to make more bags than the ones you mentioned?
What a great idea!
Post a Comment