Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thoughts on attention and focus

So, I have trouble remembering things (who doesn't), and I lose my focus as I get tired in the evening (again, you don't?). But sometimes, when I'm tired, if I get interrupted, it's so hard to get mentally back where I was, as to be nigh impossible. Imagine if you had to pull the fridge out from the wall every time you wanted a drink of milk, because the door was in the back. Like that. You'd stop drinking milk, wouldn't you?! he he

I find that if I need more than one thing at the grocery store, I have to write it down. (I shouldn't be going if I only need one thing, but that's another matter.) Often, when I walk into the next room to do/get something, I not only forget what it was before I get there, but I've forgotten THAT I WAS DOING ANYTHING AT ALL, and just sort of come up with something else, because a mother's work is never done, after all, so it's not like I'm wandering aimlessly, without a thought in my noggin. Yet.

So, would you be worried? I'm thinking about having an evaluation by a psychologist, since my insurance will likely pay, for memory and adult ADD.

And I thought you might be interested in why I'm such a flake. Be warned, if I suggest I'll do something or give something to you and I don't get around to it, REMIND ME! HA HA HA I probably just FORGOT! ;)

1 comment:

Lib-Dawg said...

Well that makes two of us! I love your description of the fridge and the door. By the way i'm glad you finished the sock - looks amazing and what an accomplishment. I am blown away. And for your Mom, yes your mother in law made my family socks which we love!!!!