I know there are folks who can harvest all year long, with planting things at the right time and using "season extenders," but I'm not one.
We cut some rhubarb today and made a strawberry, rhubarb and apple cobbler. The color is this picture is true, no artificial coloring added! It is delish. And I'll probably have it for breakfast.
3 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Looks yummy! I think we have some rhubarb in our backyard, but I'm not sure. We'll see in a little while if it looks like something I can cook with!
Sally, I LOVE Rhubarb pie!! My favorite is raspberry-rhubarb, my next is strawberry-rhubarb, pie or cobbler. When I grew up my mom made rhubarb-peach or apricot cobbler, with a rich pastry topping, no oatmeal anywhere in it, and we put sweetened commercial sour cream on it. And she also made blackberry (thornless), peach, plum, and apple cobbler, and occasionally cherry cobbler but that came out of a can, because fresh cherries were not commonly found in central and coastal Texas. Good for you!!
3 comments:
Looks yummy! I think we have some rhubarb in our backyard, but I'm not sure. We'll see in a little while if it looks like something I can cook with!
Sally, I LOVE Rhubarb pie!! My favorite is raspberry-rhubarb, my next is strawberry-rhubarb, pie or cobbler. When I grew up my mom made rhubarb-peach or apricot cobbler, with a rich pastry topping, no oatmeal anywhere in it, and we put sweetened commercial sour cream on it. And she also made blackberry (thornless), peach, plum, and apple cobbler, and occasionally cherry cobbler but that came out of a can, because fresh cherries were not commonly found in central and coastal Texas. Good for you!!
Lovely!
Post a Comment