
First of all, having the word "violent" in the name for such a peaceful lifestyle has always seemed a little jarring to me. It is also called compassionate communication, but that's also a mouthful. Isn't it telling, though, that we need such a specific term to describe a way of communicating, perceiving, feeling and being that is *peaceful*? Humans have the ability to be peaceful, but it often does not come naturally, either by nature, or by example.
Especially when we're stressed, we can be selfish, make ridiculous assumptions, and generally act like asses.
And with our most cherished loved ones, we often act in a way we would *never* treat strangers or mere acquaintances. Isn't that backwards?
So, in an attempt to better understand these things, I'm going to work them out by writing them, and expect plenty of comments! Good and bad, your honest responses would be helpful.
2 comments:
Good luck to you. I pray every night that I can learn more charity and more patience for my children and life in general.
Problem is, in order to LEARN these things, I must be given opportunities to PRACTICE these things.
Ouch.
I look forward to the journey... :-)
Post a Comment