And no, I don't mean "two weevils." (Name that movie.)
I've been pondering the various emotional responses we tend to have, we humans, and this is a vast generalization, but when it comes to "hot topics," we tend to either be naive or paranoid, optimistic or pessimistic, trusting or suspicious. And the majority of folks seem to be the latter(s): paranoid, pessimistic and suspicious.
Which begs the question, which is worse? Really, in terms of outcome, quality of life, effectiveness, anything that matters; is it better for me to be naive or paranoid?
I know you've got an opinion! ;)
4 comments:
Master and Commander. And I prefer (I hope) to not be negative. I probably don't succeed as often as I'd like.
"A life lived in fear is a life half lived." I'd rather be naive. It's easier.
Strictly Ballroom - but can you say it in Spanish with an Australian accent!? lol
I prefer paranoid - then at least I feel like I'm thinking about things and trying to make informed decisions. I'm not good at burying my head in the sand and pretending that issues don't exist.
There is, however, something to be said for the degree to which one takes the paranoia. If you let it get so powerful that it really does interfere with your enjoyment of everyday life, then I'd say it's too much.
Post a Comment