Saturday, March 28, 2009

Voluntary Simplicity

This is so cool. A group of high school teens are voluntarily giving up one modern convenience each month this school year. Things like sugar, cell phones and non-consumables.

They're blogging it here. You can read news blurbs about them here, here and here.

Could you do this? What do you think they're learning?

I think they're awesome, and their teacher is amazing. Not only for thinking it up, but being the kind of inspiring person that could persuade a bunch of teenagers to go without sugar, eating out and their cell phones!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kind of sad that this is something out of the ordinary. Is it really that difficult to give up some of these things? I have the cell phone thing no problem. Sugar and television are also doable. But I must admit that I am an internet junkie...Even harder for high school students who have really never known life without some of these things. Good for them!